Sometimes you find yourself unhappy, or you feel low, or sometimes you show no interest in your daily activities, these are very familiar symptoms to us and for some reason, it is quite natural to do so. it happens. But when these symptoms become permanent and affect our lives with bad, then that condition is called depression.
Depression is not a weakness that you can come out of it easily, for this, you need proper and long treatment. If you feel that there is no cure for depression or depression then do not get discouraged, for this, we can tell that many people who are suffering from depression feel better with medicines and psychotherapy and both. Let us know what is Depression.
What is Depression –
Depression is known as अवसाद in Hindi. It is a type of mood disorder that is very common. According to physicians, there is a negative disease which affects your ability to think, your ability to work badly. It can cause various emotional and physical problems and may reduce a person’s ability to function and work at home. Different people experience depression in different ways. Depression can result in you wasting your time and your productivity may decrease. Many times depression can also affect your chronic health conditions. Conditions that may worsen due to depression or depression include:
- Heart disease
Some important facts
- Depression occurs more to women than men.
- Symptoms of depression can vary among children, adolescents and adults.
- If left untreated, it can last for several months or for many years.
- With treatment, its symptoms show improvement in a few weeks.
Types of depression
The type of depression depends on its severity. It is rare in some people, and they have temporary episodes of grief. While it is very serious in some people and their episodes keep going or they say that they are constantly suffering from depression. For this, your doctor can help you by getting appropriate treatment according to the type of depression.
Types of depression are –
- Major Depression Disorder (MDD)
- Persistence Depressive Disorder (PPD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Psychotic disorder
- Peripartum Disorder (PPD)
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
Symptoms of depression –
Although depression occurs only once in a person’s life, it can occur in several episodes. In these episodes, the symptoms of depression occur throughout the day and very often every day, which include the following –
- Tears in the eyes, loneliness and despair with a feeling of sadness,
- Anger over trivial matters, feelings of frustration with irritability,
- Not interested in common activities such as, hobby or sports,
- Not sleeping properly, including insomnia and sleeping too long,
- Fatigue and loss of energy, more effort for small work,
- Loss of appetite and loss of weight or craving for any food and weight gain,
- Worry, anxiety and restlessness,
- Decreased thinking, speaking and physical activity,
- Feeling unworthy or guilty, blaming oneself for past failures,
- Having trouble thinking, focusing, remembering and making decisions,
- To die for death,
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headache.
In some people with depression, the symptoms are so severe that they start appearing in their daily routine, and they create obstacles such as at work, at school or at social functions. Some people start feeling very sad and they don’t even know the reason for it. Here, let us tell you that the symptoms of depression are different in children and adults, which are as follows:
Symptoms in children and adolescents
Although the symptoms of depression are the same in children and adults, there can be a slight difference in these symptoms, which are as follows
- Symptoms in young children include –
- Being over-emotional,
- Aches and pains,
- Refusal to go to school or being underweight.
- Symptoms in adolescents include –
- Negativity and feeling worthless,
- Poor performance or poor attendance at school,
- Using recreational drugs or alcohol,
- Overeating or sleeping,
- Self-harm in normal activities Be disinterested and avoid social interaction.
Causes of Depression –
There can be many reasons for depression. Early Childhood Trauma can be the cause of depression. This happens because some events affect the way the body reacts to fear and stressful situations. Some people develop depression due to their genetics. If you have a family history of depression or any other mood disorder, you are more likely to develop this type of disorder.
- 15 Ways to Get Rid of Stress Quickly & Effectively
- 15 Ways to Increase Self Confidence Quickly & Effectively
Some common causes of depression –
- Brain structure: If the frontal lobe of your brain is less active, then you are more at risk of depression.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions such as chronic illness, insomnia, chronic pain, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Abuse of alcohol and drugs
- Lack of self-esteem or being self-critical
- Personal history of mental illness
- Some medicines can also cause depression.
- Stressful events, such as the death of a loved one, financial problems, or divorce
- Some people have no reason for their depression.
Depression Treatment –
If you are suffering from depression it can be difficult to live with it but do not panic, its treatment can get you out of it. Talk to your doctor for possible treatment, you can control the symptoms of depression. For this, you can combine Conventional and Lifestyle Therapies. Depression Treatment is as follows:
- Medications: Your doctor may prescribe antidepressants, antidiabetes, or antipsychotic medications.
- Psych therapy or psychotherapy: In this, you can learn skills to deal with negative emotions by talking with your psychiatrist. You can also get benefit from family or group therapy sessions.
- Light Therapy: With the help of white light, the symptoms of depression can be reduced and mood can also be controlled. This therapy is used to treat the major depressive disorder.
- Alternative treatment: Depression is also treated with the help of acupuncture or meditation (Meditation), please also consult your doctor about it. Some herbal supplements such as St. John’s Wort, SAMe and fish oil are also used for the treatment of depression.
- “Be sure to consult your doctor once before mixing any supplement or supplement with the prescribed medicine. By doing this you can avoid its side effects. Some supplements can have a bad effect on your health, and it can also make your depression worse.
- Regular exercise: At least 3 to 5 days a week, do exercise for 30 minutes. Regular exercise increases hormones in your body called endorphins which improves your mood.
- Do not take alcohol and drugs: Alcohol and drugs can relieve you for some time, but long-term consumption can increase depression and anxiety.
- Take care of yourself: You can improve the symptoms of depression by taking care of yourself. For this, get good sleep, eat a healthy diet, stay away from negative people, and participate in enjoyable activities.
Sometimes depression is not treated with medicines, then, in that case, your doctor will give you some other treatment options such as electroconvulsive therapy, it stimulates the brain and is used to treat major depression. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation – It stimulates nerve cells and regulates mood.
- Amazing and Super Health Benefits of Papaya, Uses, Calories and Nutrition 2020
- 10 Benefits of Turmeric for Health, Medicine & Skin (Based on Research)
Depression means more than just feeling the flame. This can often interfere with your daily responsibilities and relationships. It can last for months or years and often worsen without treatment. However, depression is a treatable medical condition. People who undergo treatment often see improvement in their symptoms.
If you find this article “Depression Meaning, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment of Depression” helpful then don’t forget to share this article with other, because by this way others peoples will get help and if anyone having this issue then they can do treats. Through your sharing and support, we will also get motivated and always intended to write more and more contents like this